Thu, 10 Nov|
Free Woolwich Communities Building Archaeology Training Course
oin expert archaeologists from MOLA and take part in a FREE 2 day training course for Woolwich residents- November Wednesday 9th (09:45-2:45pm) & Thursday 10th (09:45-2:45pm) Over the two day trainees will take part in practical activities and learn how to: -Read historic maps - and lots more
Time & Location
10 Nov 2022, 09:45 – 14:45
London, 105 Powis St, London SE18 6JB, UK
About the event
Join expert archaeologists from MOLA and take part in a FREE 2 day training course for Woolwich residents- November Wednesday 9th (09:45-2:45pm) & Thursday 10th (09:45-2:45pm)
Over the two day trainees will take part in practical activities and learn how to:
-Read historic maps
- Record heritage buildings
-Engage in the social history of Woolwich
No previous historic or archaeological experience necessary. This training may be of interest for those wishing to understand more about their local heritage, to learn new skills, or to take part in the WOOLWICH AMBASSADORS volunteer scheme (to lead on guided tours). If you wish to know more about this scheme please email email@example.com.
Lunches and refreshments provided (please let us know dietary requirements when you fill in your order form)
This course will be taking place outside in the High Street - please wear weather appropriate clothing and footwear as necessary
Age suitability: MIN AGE - 10 years old (with supervision) 16 years old (can go unsupervised.)
We welcome trainees with specific learning (SENDS+) needs and accessibility (physical or mental) needs but support will be required for those under 25 years old--email MOLA team to discuss further.
NO MAX AGE
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE (waiting list option available)
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. MOLA – as part of the High Street Heritage Action Zone Project in Woolwich (HSHAZ)- is asking to collect information about you in order to provide an archaeological training course that meet the needs of trainees.
2. We will use the information to:
a. Understand any needs and requirements of those taking part
b. To have contact details to hand in case we need to contact trainees
c. To ensure those who take part are members of Woolwich communities
3. With your permission we will share your personal information with Our Hut (our project partner) in case you are interested in any volunteer opportunities connected to the HSHAZ project (you will be invited to opt in after the course has ended).
4. We will keep your personal information for up to 24 months – after the HSHAZ project ends- before it is destroyed.
5. You have some legal rights in respect of the personal information we collect from you. Please see our website for further details: https://www.mola.org.uk/privacy-notice.
6. You can contact the MOLA Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
7. If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/